Job Title: Saint Fabian Coordinator of Lifelong Faith Formation – Part-Time (No benefits)
Department: Department of Parish Vitality and Mission
Reports To: Director of Lifelong Formation or as Assigned
The Coordinator of the Lifelong Formation is responsible for assisting the Director with overall lifelong formation efforts to ensure everyone in parish encounters Jesus Christ and deepens their commitment to Him and His Church. The scope of this role is to support and execute ongoing formation opportunities for everyone in the parish. The Coordinator must demonstrate strong relationship skills necessary to nurture and retain strong teams including volunteer leaders critical to the success of parish ministry.
Essential Job Functions
- Implement lifelong faith formation initiatives, under the direction of the Director, that allow parishioners to encounter Jesus Christ and encourage them to grow spiritually and intellectually as disciples.
- Support the development of faith formation initiatives for people of all ages in the community including children, youth, adults, and families.
- Identify and support opportunities for the spiritual growth of catechists and volunteers.
- Support catechists and volunteers in lesson plan development to ensure programs achieve overall goals, objectives and vision for strong lifelong formation in the parish.
- Train and supervise staff and volunteers to ensure that formation strategies and materials comply with Church teachings, align with Archdiocese of Chicago policies, and are appropriate for the age or cultural setting
- Communicate available faith formation opportunities to parishioners through multiple forms of media.
- Collaborate with staff members and community leaders to ensure that opportunities are provided that bring all levels of faith formation beyond learning to missionary discipleship.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for Lifelong Formation in collaboration with the Pastor and Director of Operations.
- Ensure that ministry complies with the guidelines for Protecting God’s Children for those who minister with and to children in accordance with the Archdiocese of Chicago policies.
- Maintain membership in professional ministerial organizations and seek opportunities to grow personally, spiritually and intellectually.
- Previous experience participating in a parish faith formation program.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with clergy, staff, parish leaders and volunteers.
- Practicing Catholic with understanding and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values.
- Understanding of Lifelong Formation and its key methodologies, components, and strategies; comfortable with various methodologies and pedagogies in developing disciples.
- Comprehensive vision and understanding of evangelization.
- Ability to form and nurture a community of missionary disciples through encounter, accompaniment and sending forth.
- Fluent in related Church documents, especially national and local.
- Mature discipleship evidenced in the ability to comfortably witness to one’s own faith journey.
- Developed skills in leadership and management; strong commitment to collaboration and teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with technology used for communicating and presenting including Zoom/TEAMS, social media and other learning platforms. Publisher platforms may be required.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, faithful, joyful witness, persistent, available, fair and balanced, dependable, person of integrity, sensitive to cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity and openness to the needs of the parishioners.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects, flexible, sound judgment, and comfortable with change.
- Available to work evening and weekends when necessary.
- Ongoing formation and education as necessary.
Preferred Job Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Pastoral Studies, Catechist, Faith Formation or equivalent.
- Certification as a Catechist.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the stages of human development and faith formation best practices across all ages.
- Bi-Lingual – Polish preferred.
Mental and Physical Essential Job Functions
The employer needs to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees to perform the essential job functions.
|Action||Percent of time action is required|
|0 – 24%||25 –49%||50 – 100%|
|Lifting weight: indicate # pounds _____20______||X|
Interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume directly to Paula Kroll through the Saint Fabian office or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.